Tuesday, October 5, 2010

All These Are True: Fifty Things I'll Never Do

A list of fifty I’ve compiled:
Some things I’ll never do.
As you’re here to read my blog,
I’ll share them all with you.

I’ll begin quite simply,
I’ll never fly a plane.
I’ll never be an athlete,
Or grow a lion’s mane.

For dignity, I won’t go blonde,
Or be caught dead in cheetah print;
I won’t pierce my bellybutton,
And I won’t eat pocket lint.

I can’t be a superhero,
Or study chemistry.
I’ll never be a school mascot,
Or practice dentistry.

I won’t become a cheerleader,
I’ll never speak Chinese.
I won’t become a circus clown,
Or swing from the trapeze.

I wasn’t meant to be a lawyer,
Doctor, teacher, priest,
I won’t drive a motorcycle,
I won’t ever eat raw yeast.

I won’t design a tall skyscraper,
I won’t watch Jersey Shore.
I don’t intend to become Buddhist,
Or fight a wild boar.

I know I won’t eat pickles,
Or go back to high school.
I’ll never climb a mountain,
Or try to ride a mule.

I know this much for certain:
Hammock’s aren’t for me;
I’ll never set myself on fire,
Or drive in the Grand Prix.

I don’t plan to go to Iceland,
I’ll stay away from drugs.
I know I’ll never win a race,
Or sport glasses shaped like beer mugs.

I simply can’t be Asian,
Mexican, or Black.
I won’t live in a mansion,
I won’t live in a shack.

I’ll never see Hannah Montana perform,
I won’t drink Listerine.
I’m not going to walk on the moon,
I can’t keep my desk clean.

I’m sure I’ll never skydive,
I don’t plan to take up weaving.
I won’t take square dancing lessons,
I’ll never stop “believin’.”

There are many things I’ll never do,
I won’t memorize the Constitution,
But the list of things I will do someday,
Won’t ever reach a conclusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment