Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Simple as Black and White

What if I don't believe in black and white? I wish it were that simple, but it can't be. If I could place everything into two distinct categories, a clear dichotomy, it would be easy. Black and white, good versus evil, the good guys and the bad - but it's not that simple. If I had to speculate, I'd say that neither pure black nor pure white exist. Life's about balance, and while some of us are more dark than light, both must exist within one person. "Good" people do things to protect the people they love, to protect themselves, because they don't have a choice, and some light exists within every soul, even if it's buried. The hardest part is deciding when to let the darkness take over, and then when to reign it back in.                                 
♥Ruthalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment